The Rhinelander Area Community Foundation (RCF) is pleased to announce their 2023 Grant Award Recipients. A total of $33,976 was awarded to 13 qualified local organizations who submitted applications to the RCF Board of Directors.
The grants will be awarded at the Rhinelander Chamber of Commerce “Business After 5” event to be held on April 19, 2023 from 5 pm to 7 pm at the Rhinelander Country Club.
The winning organizations needed to meet the following criteria: They must be a 501c3 non-profit, governmental unit, church, school, or hospital. The application submitted needed to express how that organization would meet community need, serve a broad-based population, show collaboration and impact in the community, and show financial responsibility and attainable planning. Each project must also align with the mission of the RCF to enhance the quality of living in the Rhinelander community now and into the future.
- $5000 Rhinelander Area Food Pantry for the Hodag Kids Program
- $5000 Project North Festival
- $3000 Oneida County Biking and Walking Trail – Hanson Lake Trailhead Improvement
- $4000 Art Start Youth Art Center
- $3000 School District of Rhinelander – Wood Shop Drill, from the Wendt Youth Fund
- $2000 Rhinelander Community Band – Summer Riverwalk Concert Series
- $2000 NAMI Northern Lakes Center
- $2000 Junior Achievement
- $2000 Oneida County 4-H Youth Summer Theatre
- $1704 Rhinelander District Library – Health and Safety Upgrade
- $1772 Northwoods Community Garden – Compost Tumblers
- $1500 WXPR 40th Anniversary Concert
- $1000 Personal Essentials Pantry
The mission of the Rhinelander Community Foundation is to facilitate charitable giving and, together with donors, enhance the quality of living in the Rhinelander community now and for the future.